Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Why is Buttons under my bed? He's dead.




mindbump suggested by UBROT - Untitled Blog of Raves and Other Things

"List things you are curious about."



What am I curious about? Because of the greatest invention of all-time, the internet, curiosity, for me, is fleeting.  It is the day of instant gratification.  Look it up.  Immediately.  I can’t get enough.  And look out if I think you’d be interested in what I find, because you’re getting the link. I am addicted to hitting my share button.  Maybe I love this easy access to information because I grew up in a small town with a limited scope of resources?

Which starting NFL quarterback has the most passing yards so far this season?  Ask the neighbor who is sitting next to Dad at the bar.  Who is losing their job or cheating on their spouse? Ask the ladies in the salon at the bottom of the hill called Walnut Street.  What am I going to be when I grow up?  I thought I wanted to be the President of the United States of America until a family trip to Cleveland.  How do I get to heaven? Pray to that scary corpus hanging over the man in drag humming in Latin. Why does that amazing sound coming from the stereo give me fortitude to keep asking?

Curious?  Well, I saw what happened to Buttons, but I'm no cat.

8 comments:

  1. Those are some curiosities!! Thanks for linking up with us for Ghosts of Blogging Past! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also an overuser of the share button. I agree that there's something in having information at your fingertips after growing up in a time where you had to, like, look it up in a book and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mommy2cents Yes, and they continue. Make them stop, please! Glad to have found you today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Laura. . .The look of disdain on my girls' faces when I say, "Look it up," always astounds me. They have no idea! And those larger reference books are SO heavy. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forget I have a share button, you and I need to meet in the middle I think! So glad you found your way to #bloggypast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I overheard kids using Siri the other day, just asking random questions - how long does it take jupiter to revolve around the sun, etc... and I thought, "oh my god, no one will ever have to "Look things up" again!" No Looking needed at all. crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jamie. Middle ground is something I would love to become acquainted with. If you figure it out, let me know.

    I, too, am glad I found #bloggypast and am enjoying reading everyone's blogs.

    Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @amorninggrouch Sometimes I am overwhelmed with what my kids know. . .I have to go to Google just to maintain my parental place in the conversation. Thanks for stopping by Sperk*. Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is on so you will not see your words here immediately. Sperk* loves feedback. She WILL see your words immediately, then post them in the comment section. . . unless you are spam. . . or someone named Sam. . . Anonymous is fine, just be respectful and kind. Thank you.