Monday, April 30, 2012

5 Good Things I Do and 5 Things I Want


One of my favorite bloggers, Anna at The Mommy Padawan, had the opportunity to choose this week’s topic for Monday Listicles.  Apparently she had trouble deciding, because there are two topics.  I love Anna, but I do not love making decisions. 

“If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.” ~Rush, Freewill

I chose not to decide.  And as the great progressive rock band, Rush, tells us, this means I made a choice.  So here’s this week’s Monday’s Listicles divided in half.

Things I Am Good At:

1. Dancing:  I’ve been a dancer all my life.  I no longer do it formally, but if you set up a secret video recording device in my home, you’d catch me in the act quite a bit.

Source: fastcompany.com via Sperk* on Pinterest

2. Web Surfing/Curating Content:  I curate a lot of content.  I used to think it was a waste of time.  However, a recent article at FastCompany (can be found within the 191 pins in my pin board for Tech and EdTech)indicates that Content Curators are the New Superheroes of the Web.  You may now address me as Super Sperk*


3. Procrastinating:  Most of my procrastination time is spent on Web Surfing/Content Curation, so it is debatable if I even have a procrastination problem.  I may enter a program for Library Science to make my penchant for procrastination legit.

4. Teacher:  I am not one by trade but considering obtaining my license.  I’ve spent many hours volunteering in my kids’ classrooms and offering lessons to my family members and everyone agrees—I’m good at it.  I happen to like it, too.

5. Being a Mom: My lack of boastful self-confidence almost kept this one off the list.  Significant Other said it should be on here.  You want to know how I ended up being a good mom?  I followed my instincts (and of course looked up any relevant content on the Web).



Things I Would Do in 48 Hours 
With Unlimited Resources and Time:

1. Purchase VIP tickets to Bonarroo Music and Arts Festival:  I’ve been twice.  I’d go every year regardless of the lineup because I love the atmosphere of live music surrounding me at all times.  Plus, it’s in Tennessee and I love the south. 

2. Buy a 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 Convertible:  It's just a bad ass American car.  I've always wanted one.

Screenshot via Ford

3. Acquire Residence at The Condominiums at North Bank Park: I’m not a house girl. I want one of these condos in the heart of the ArenaDistrict in downtown Columbus, Ohio. I’ll take one on the top floor.

Screenshot via The Condos at North Bank Park


4. Hire a web designer and marketing expert for Sperk*:  I have a vision for Sperk* but I need help.  Plus, everyone needs Sperk* and I have a responsibility to make sure it’s easy to get.

5. Day at the Salon:  I'm not picky.  I'll take a day at any nicer salon in town with hair and skin services.  My hair needs done, my face is broken out, and I have deep lines between my brows.  I would feel much better if I could have the aforementioned rectified.  And I deserve to feel good!


The best way to spend Monday in the blogosphere!

14 comments:

  1. great list Super Sperk ..I am glad you couldn't decide.
    I even like the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am awful at making decisions too. I love me some Sperk* and I am so happy you did put being a mom on the list! Awesome list Super Sperk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I wish *I* could dance! Those are good things you picked to do/get. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #3-I'm so good at that one!!
    #4-Go for it! We need more teachers with a passion.

    I happen to like the look of your blog. It's makes me wonder why I am paying someone to design mine as we speak. Haha. It is nice to have a fresh look though, so I hope you find what you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY! It's clean looking because although I can technically do some things, they don't necessarily turn out looking "skilled". Sweet comment. ;)

      Delete
  5. Go for it! Go for it! Go for it! More "good teachers" are always needed! Found an followed through Monday listicles....

    ReplyDelete
  6. So on my way to put my girls' book lists on your other post, I, of course, stopped to read this one. As always, love it. I mean, really, you quoted Rush. What's not to love?

    You would indeed be Super Sperk* in my book if you could get procrastination legitimized. I might be the grand master funk of procrastinators.

    Our Web Designing came through our Sisterhood, but we could definitely use some marketing expertise, too. Erin and I have some major blog housekeeping to do in May.(By the way, I do like the clean look of your blog. With where you are hoping to take Sperk*, moving to WordPress sooner rather then later might be a good thing.)

    So in short, if you can get my procrastination legitimized and my marketing woes taken care of, I'LL treat you to a spa day. Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That list is awesome. Thanks so much.

      Procrastination is probably you doing stuff you enjoy rather than stuff that you think you have to. Give yourself a hug and enjoy it! Tell peeps you are doing a self-care series for the blog-you need to research. ;)

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed that article on content curating - very interesting. I like condos too, houses are a lot of extra work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Houses have a lot of upkeep that I just do not enjoy. I try, though. Glad you enjoyed the article!

      Delete
  8. I've been referring to you as Super Sperk for a while now. Also, I was just thinking tonight about how I never, ever randomly dance in my house. And I don't dance in public on purpose either. I'm jealous of people who do/can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay - Super Sperk! I love it! Sorry about not being able to decide, I did a 5 and 5 list too :) Plus I was curious to see which list people would pick!
    I can totally see you as a teacher and it is SO needed in our world today. For a GREAT mom who enjoys helping people and working with kids, teaching and/or curating content are perfect for you and more than deserving of a spa day! Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is on so you will not see your words here immediately. Sperk* loves feedback. She WILL see your words immediately, then post them in the comment section. . . unless you are spam. . . or someone named Sam. . . Anonymous is fine, just be respectful and kind. Thank you.