I love Monday Listicles (the blogging meme created by Stasha at The Good Life) because on a day like today—cloudy, rainy, and windy—I could easily crawl back into bed and blow off writing all together. However, Monday Listicles makes it easy to flow back into my weekly blogging routine. It’s always fun and the community of writers is simply great.
Today’s theme comes from Christine who has a thoughtful blog called Random Reflectionz. Her theme, 10 Ways You Are Different Than or the Same as Your Younger Self, sent me in several different directions and possibly proved that simply writing a list isn't always easy. Each point on my list carries with it a lengthy explanation. Each would make a decent blog post in and of itself. Today, you're getting the list sans the thought behind it. For the rest, stay tuned. If you can't wait and you desperately need some insight into Sperk*, check out this letter I wrote to my 18 year-old self.
Five Ways I Am the Same as My Younger Self
1. I think I am fat, but I am not
2. I would rather be doing anything else other than washing the dishes or doing the laundry.
3. Music makes me happy.
4. I wait until the last minute to do things I do not want to do but have to do.
5. I have a dream.
Five Ways I Am Different Than My Younger Self
1. Drinking is not a good time.
2. Learning is fun.
3. I now understand that everything is not about me.
4. Doing nothing with the person I love always trumps doing something with the person I love.
5. I know I’m OK even if everyone says I’m not.
Great topic, don't you think? How are you different than or the same as your younger self?tonyhall via photopin cc