Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Head over Heels with Happiness


Yes, it’s summer. Yes, my girls are awesome.  Yes, I’m going to BlogHer ’12.  But I’m kind of in a frump-grump mood.

I know just the thing to get me out of it—Contemplating Happiness.

Yes, the act of contemplating happiness is sure to move me towards joy, but I’m talking about the person behind the blog Contemplating Happiness.  

She chose me for the Very Inspirational Blogger award.


And yes, the award has inspired me.  Her blog inspires me, too.  It’s one of few that I subscribe to via email.  You should, too, or at the very least go read a bit of it.  Or better yet, all of it.

Accolades and awards come with responsibility.  Here’s the rules for accepting the Very Inspirational Blogger award:

I.   Share seven things about myself
II.  Pass the award on to 15 other bloggers

Seven Things about Myself

I. I have not yet planted my summer annuals
 and it bugs me
 

II. I hate wearing underwear

III. I am a die-hard Pittsburgh Steelers fan

IV. I have been to over 25 Dave Matthews Band concerts 

V. I was first runner-up in
1987 Senior Miss Dance Ohio
 

VI. I can walk on my hands





VII.  I wish I could get away with dressing like


And now, I bestow the Very Inspiring Blogger Award upon the following:
The Mommy Padawan
The G is Silent
Stacey Gill Ink
The Dose of Reality
The Pish Posh
Holding Hands with the Muse
This Weblog is Unique. Just Like They All Are.
Angela Shelton
Taking It On
House TalkN
My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog
Scribblesaurus Me
The Authentic Life
South Main Muse
Pohlkotte Press
aidan donnelley rowley

If you have already gotten this award, congrats on getting it again.  You deserve it.  If it's your first time, congrats, you deserve it.  If you haven't gotten this award, but you're reading Sperk*, congrats, you deserve it.

Note:  all blogs contained in this list I have come to know through yeah write.  Erica, you rock and I love you.








photo credit: asleeponasunbeam via photo pin cc photo credit: NatalieMaynor via photo pin cc
photo credit: miss pupik via photo pin cc
photo credit: mtsofan via photo pin cc
photo credit: Dena Flows via photo pin cc
photo credit: Graceful Cake Creations via photo pin cc photo credit: Evil Erin via photo pin cc

26 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the award and I love your list of 7! So awesome you were a dancer, I love the pic :) I cannot walk on my hands but I wish I could. That's a whole lot of Dave Mathews - haha! I used to love going to concerts, so fun. You truly are inspirational, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That IS a lot of Dave Matthews and I could teach you to walk on your hands! You inspire me, too, Padawan. xo

      Delete
  2. Aw, how nice! I love you, too, Sperkowitz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for thinking of me! It's my second time being so honored, and I"m sorry to say that I didn't perform the "acceptance criteria" the last time either. So, I'm going to have to pull a Woody Allen and watch from the sidelines (gleeful in being chosen; reticent at having to live up to it) while everyone else does the awesome job of accepting accolades. Well chosen, Sperk. And YES! to discovering new blogs through Yeah Write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your presence here and your usage of the word reticent is enough for me! xo

      Delete
  4. 25 times!! I haven't even been to more than 2-3 concerts. My brother is a big fan of 311 and has been to 35 concerts. I wish I liked a band that much!!

    You are a very inspiring blogger to me! Congratulations and thank you so much!!! Xoxo

    When is BlogHer? I wish I could give you a big hug and a hefty donation so you could go with no worries. You really deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to go to more concerts. I have an extra ticket to Sleigh Bells in Cleveland Monday, July 9th. It's noise pop. Great for the brain. If you can get here, it's yours! Love to you.

      Delete
  5. You are amazing! Thank you! Now, does this mean I get a tiara? Because that would be really something special! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make you one. As soon as I have it done, I'll get your addy to send it. ;)

      Delete
  6. Well, I am a huge Dave Matthews Band fan, but what I love is that picture of you in the Senior Miss Dance Ohio! I am also embarrassed that my window boxes have the soil in them from last year and no annuals from this year.

    Thank you so much for recognizing me, it is truly appreciated and means the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, you are just wonderful and I am really enjoying getting to know you through your writing--grateful, actually.

      Delete
  7. Holy happiness! I was flipping through loving you and laughing at your list when I saw the Yeah Write gang! I love that group so much!
    Thank you for including me!
    Kerry at HouseTalkN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet! I love that you were laughing. Makes my heart sing.

      Delete
  8. A Steelers fan in Ohio? Heresy!
    There are 3 pro teams in OH that deserve your attention more: Browns, Buckeyes and Bungles.

    Always good to learn more about one of my favorite bloggers. Thanks for sharing. Especially the dance team pic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buckeyes ain't pro, Dude. I grew up on the river, the Great OHIO, one hour out from Pittsburgh. I'm a true river rat, rust belt, Steelers lovin' gal. Forever. Thanks for the comment love. I hope you and yours have had a fabulous week.

      Delete
    2. Technically, no. But in the 5 years I lived in C-bus it always seemed like they were :)

      Delete
  9. Thank you. I am honored.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you back. Those pictures made me laugh. Still so proud of you heading to BlogHer '12 a finalist no less. Woo. You get out of that mood right now young lady. (and I know you are lots younger than me by the year you were almost Dance Teen Queen).

    Enjoy every minute of it.

    You're a star. We all know it. You are just a little late catching on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "You are just a little late catching on" << love that so much. Embracing it. I'm OK and appreciate your support. I feel ya. xo

      Delete
  11. Love love! I tweeted, but realized I missed commenting. Here I am and some of the 15 I'd pass it along to you've already included! What's a blogger to do? Thanks for the giggle, the big reveals and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get your wedding dress out of my mind. It was so beautiful. You inspire me everyday. Every single day. Sincerely. Mad love for you.

      Delete
  12. I am so glad you are going to BlogHer! Hooray! And I love that 1987 picture of you. So great. Oh and the dog in the dirt is priceless. Just think of all the water and money you are saving.

    BTW-Can you teach me to walk on my hands?

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I can teach you and will! Google Hangout?

      Delete
    2. Yes! I can teach you and will! Google Hangout?

      Delete

Comment moderation is on so you will not see your words here immediately. Sperk* loves feedback. She WILL see your words immediately, then post them in the comment section. . . unless you are spam. . . or someone named Sam. . . Anonymous is fine, just be respectful and kind. Thank you.