Thursday, June 21, 2012

Vyvanse is a Bitch

I have ideas. One is to tell you about the day I went downtown to the court house for my divorce. Another is to tell you I have been depressed all week.  And yet another is to tell you my Chihuahua’s nails need cut.

I can get it together.

I will get it together.

I have ADHD.  I was diagnosed three years ago, maybe four.  I was prescribed Vyvanse and I took it.  And it worked.

But last week I started having chest pains.  So I stopped taking it.

I am in the midst of devising a plan to manage my ADHD. There are ways and resources.  I’m checking them all out—twice.

In the meantime the withdrawal from the Vyvanse has been a bitch.  I'm, like, depressed.  And can't get anything done.  And the thing about ADHD is that it affects the self-esteem because I don't, like, finish anything and I start a sentence, insert the word like, and forget what I was saying.  At the end of the day I feel like shit.  Nothing done.

Stay tuned.  We’re going somewhere from here.






photo credit: chris.corwin via photo pin cc

8 comments:

  1. Because of ups and downs and trying to find the "right" medication for me, I have days like this too. Totally sucks and sometimes I feel like I'm going to be like this forever! Lately I just celebrate in the small victories... like actually getting of my pj's for the day! I hope it doesn't last long for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy. The reminder to celebrate the small victories is a good one. I showered, dressed, put make-up on, took my daughter shopping, and took a nice drive through Columbus today. I'm putting this one in the "big victories" list. Thanks, again.

      Delete
  2. You can make it through! And if you need something after, Adderall has worked wonders for me. I can't do any of the fancy new drugs. Withdrawals are a bitch, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Spazmom. I love your Instagram feed, but not more than I love you. I miss you and think of you often--very, very often.

      Delete
  3. I do not have any experience with withdraw but I do know about you. You embrace everything life has thrown you with fierce strength and are a survivor. So while it's a bitc now and I must say made for a made me giggle post I know you'll get through this and for the better on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my stupid phone froze up on my comment... Didn't it know I was not done. Damn now I lost my train of thought.... Oh yeah.... besides isn't summer kind of an excuse not to always get things done on time and follow strict schedules?! Hang in there! xoxoxoxox -LV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments really made my day. Insightful and kind. I hope you are having a great day, Laverne. <3

      Delete
  5. Ahhhhh! Depression, anxiety, ADHD, ADD, they are such lying little beezies!! Don't listen to them.

    I am currently fighting not to win the olympics of "staying in bedness" so if you get down you remember I am there with you lady.

    Also your spirit? I just know you're going to get through this in a blaze of glory. I'm sorry about the limbo interim.

    You'll be you soon again. Celebrate you celebrate celebrate with cake. Celebrate every little thing, even taking a shower, or getting one thing done per day.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is on so you will not see your words here immediately. Sperk* loves feedback. She WILL see your words immediately, then post them in the comment section. . . unless you are spam. . . or someone named Sam. . . Anonymous is fine, just be respectful and kind. Thank you.