Thursday, February 9, 2012

11 x 3 = 33



With gratefulness I accept the responsibilities bestowed upon me by the amazing women at The Mommy Padawan, Chosen Chaos, and The Momalog in this week’s feisty and friendly blogging bustle, 11 Questions.    

Here are the rules:

  • You must post these rules.
  • Each per­son must post 11 things about them­selves on their blog.
  • Answer the ques­tions the “tag­ger” listed for you in her post, and cre­ate 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer.
  • Choose 11 peo­ple to tag and link to them in the post.
  • Let each blog­ger know that you have tagged them.

The observant reader will be able to figure out that because I have been tagged three times, I have 33 questions to answer.  However, knowing that our time on Earth is brief, I am breaking the rules and choosing to answer 11.  This will help to reduce my contemplation and composing time (I am very slow at both) and cut down your reading time (you can thank me now).  Also, instead of choosing 11 more people to tag and creating 11 questions, I am asking you, the one reading this right now, to answer one question in the comment section below this entry.  Here's the question:

 What would you do if you won the lottery?

Here are my questions complete with answers:

1. What’s the best concert you’ve seen?
I tend to favor shows in small venues for their intimacy and energy.  Yet, I have been to 25 Dave Matthews Band concerts which have all been memorable, and three Pearl Jam concerts that left me feeling more alive than I ever thought possible.  However, the best concert I have seen is, by far, U2 at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, PA, July 2011.  Powerful and epic.



2. What are the must have pizza toppings?
Fresh anchovies are delightful and make me very unpopular at pizza parties.

3. What makes you feel pretty?
Make-up and a good haircut. But, above all, hearing my girls say, “Mom, you are pretty,” makes me feel the fairest of all.

4. Which goal for yourself are you most proud of accomplishing?
Completing my degree.  I took my last class in November. 

5. What do you hope your child or children remember from their childhood?
Love and laughter.

6. What’s your best kid’s riddle or joke?
What do you call a boy with a dictionary in his pocket?  Smarty Pants.

7. What’s your favorite book?  Why?
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera.  Is lightness splendid and weight a burden?  Or does meaning only come from weight?  Philosophy.  Art. Love. Life.  It’s all in there.  And my ancestors are Czechoslovakian, like Kundera. Also, the book was given to me when I was a freshman in college.  It reminds me of a time when I became awake and aware of the amazement that exists in the world.


8. and 9. Do you make your bed every day?  Do your kids make theirs? Why or why not?
I do not make my bed.  My kids make theirs after they come home from school before they do their homework so that they have a neat environment in which to do their studying.  They do not enjoy making their beds and always ask for help.  They do not need help and I do not give it to them.  But they do enjoy the feeling of having a tidy room.  My room, on the other hand, is a disaster.  I only frequent it for sleeping.  As far as why I make them make their beds and the hypocrisy of me not making mine. . .that’s something they will work out in therapy.
 
10. If you lived just by yourself, with no one else to care for, what would you have for dinner?
Salt and Vinegar chips.

11. What’s your favorite quote?
There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action,and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. --Martha Graham





Found the Marbles







photo credit: opensourceway via photopin cc
photo credit: jilliancyork via photopin cc

11 comments:

  1. Oh I loved this!
    I would NEVER have pegged you for a "salt and vinegar chips" girl! (and by chips do you mean fries? or potato chips?)
    I loved your smarty pants joke and will pass it along to my kids.
    Hmm. If I won the lottery I would buy that apt. in Paris, a beach house in Sea Drift, and I would buy my husband Inspector Morse's old red Jaguar from the BBC series. And I'd sit on my ass and write. That's what I would do.
    Thanks for this post. (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of my favorite jokes. My kids have become tired of it. Also like, "What did the Ocean say to the Beach?" "Nothing. It just waved."
      Can I visit when you win the lotto?

      Delete
  2. Wow, Love your joke and your quote! And a good haircut makes all the difference, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. A good haircut rules. I should stop cutting my own.

      Delete
  3. Your quote was great. And I'm glad I found a fellow non-bedmaker. All the bedmakers in the world always make me feel weird. Congrats on your degree!

    If I won the lottery: I would remodel my kitchen, pay for college, buy a ski chalet, and increase our vacations to 5 times per year in the MOST fabulous places I have pinned on my Pinterest Vacation Dreams board. In fact, I would make ALL of my Pinterest boards come true! AND of course, I would give to charity. -Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have prompted a great idea for a board theme. . .Things I want/will do when I win the lotto!

      Thanks for your comments! :)

      Delete
  4. I already got my chain letter and passed it on, but you only requested 1 question from us all, so:

    If you lived just by yourself, with no one else to care for, what would you have for dinner? Cereal. Lunch too. And dessert. I just want cabinets full of all different cereals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love cereal. What's weird is, my kids don't. Have you ever heard of a child who does not enjoy a good bowl of Rice Crispy's?

      Delete
  5. So awesome! I love your answers and your twist on the game ( instead of tagging 11 more people..) Your joke was great! Having your kids tell you you're beautiful is absolutely the best as well.

    Best concert I've ever seen: I have to do a 3 way tie. Jane's Addiction for Ritual De La Habitual, White Zombie and Sade. I'm equal opportunity with music, I love all just about all kinds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna. That certainly is an eclectic list of best concerts. I can relate to giving equal love to all genres of music. If it moves me, it's good. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. if I won the lottery I would buy a big house in north carolina where we could all relax and enjoy life

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is on so you will not see your words here immediately. Sperk* loves feedback. She WILL see your words immediately, then post them in the comment section. . . unless you are spam. . . or someone named Sam. . . Anonymous is fine, just be respectful and kind. Thank you.