Monday, August 20, 2012

10 Things Car


My car is old and not pictured above.  That's a fantasy car.  My real car is paid for and I like the lack of monthly payments.  But I do have moments where I daydream about driving around in a shiny BMW or a sporty new mini-van. 

Here are the cars, listed in no particular order, I fantasize about driving:

1.  2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 Convertible – For speed, hotness, and being an American woman.

2.  1967 Mustang Fastback – For when I am nostalgic and wearing my best vintage attire.

3.  2012 Volvo XC70 – For carpooling from school and heading to the softball tournament.
     
4.  Volkswagen Beetle (any year) – For shopping trips in the trendy Short North.

5.  2013 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class – For valet parking at Hyde Park Steakhouse


7.  New Honda Odyssey – For when I am being practical.  I have wanted one ever since my sister put herself on a waiting list for one in 2000.  A waiting list?  Really?

8.  BMW X5 – For driving across the country to visit my friend Corrie in Oregon.

9.  Range Rover Evoque 5-door – For Sophia.  I asked her what kind of car she’d replace ours with and    she replied, “A small SUV.”

10. 2012 Mitsubishi I – For Antonia.  I asked her what kind of car she’d replace ours with and she doesn’t    care.  So I chose an electric car for her.  She’s hip and environmental like that.

If you could choose any ONE car to own, what would it be?


The best way to spend Monday in the blogosphere!


photo credit: Orethorn via photo pin cc
photo credit: Bob I Am via photo pin cc

15 comments:

  1. Nice list! I'm not really a car person, but if I were, I would definitely take the mustang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on this one Kimberly! I do believe that VW bus would go over well at Bonaroo, Firefly Festival, and Probably even driving cross country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted a Honda. Or a Volkswagen (old school bug and/or bus).

    ReplyDelete
  4. My vote is for the Range Rover and Volvo, but I'd much rather have a paid off car too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're killing me with that link to a new Odyssey. My car is gonna get jealous and think I don't love her anymore (Sshhh, I never did.) I'd take the BMW....or that one with all the linked circles, I can never remember what it's called - I just call it the circle car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the list! I'm a Chevy girl. :) Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh oh. Not that question again. :)
    Honestly I don't know. I wanted a Touareg since it first came out. We were close to purchasing one used last week but Max could not fit int he booth. I suppose if money was no object I would buy the new plug in Prius. Cause I am hipster like Antonia.
    But I can totally see you in a Beattle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that I would pick a Tesla 4 door sedan. It is spectacularly cool and uses no gas. Fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dream ride is the Hyundai Santa Fe...sigh. My car is also paid off which is awesome and I can't afford a new car but the Santa Fe is on my mind a lot. I see them everywhere now, I swear! When I was 17 or 18, I had a hippie boyfriend that lived in his VW bus for a while - haha! This is a great list. It's fun to dream about this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lusted after Honda Oddyssey for quite some time but we were buying used and limited budget. I love my Nissan Quest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do have to agree on the 2013 Mustang Shelby gt500 convertible. I just want to drive really fast in it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would trade the Volvo and BMW for a Lexus and Audi...other than that I would LOVE to have your list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun spin on the list! I love the cars I have but I'm kind of liking Audi's right now. And, I wouldn't turn down a Tesla!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is on so you will not see your words here immediately. Sperk* loves feedback. She WILL see your words immediately, then post them in the comment section. . . unless you are spam. . . or someone named Sam. . . Anonymous is fine, just be respectful and kind. Thank you.