Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Did I Miss Summer?

Did I miss summer?

Technically, no, I did not. 

I watched the Summer Olympics, traveled to two concerts, and weathered a severe wind storm that brought a three-day power outage.  I also sweated my tootsies off without central air for the third year in a row. (You know, I don’t think I will ever get central air.  I grew up without it, and this year, we survived without it during the hottest summer ever.  And my electric bill is nice and minimal during the summer.  So there. I’m living green).

Even with proof that I experienced summer break, it seems it flew by like a Peregrine Falcon.  (The Peregrine Falcon is known for its speed which can reach over 200 mph.  Yes, I watched The Big Year several times over break). 


During the time I was watching movies, complaining about the heat, sitting in self-abomination because I couldn’t make it to BlogHer ’12, and reminiscing about my high school graduation that happened 25 summers ago, fellow-bloggers gave me awards.    

I’m grateful, therefore I am going to share.  Also, my daughters went back to school, which means I need to get back to . . . doing . . . something.

The lovely writers at Ladies Holiday bestowed upon me the Liebster Award.  Have you checked out Ladies Holiday?  You should.  It’s a great collaborative site.  I personally guarantee you’ll enjoy visiting their space.

The amazing women who are the Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms bestowed upon me the Very Inspirational Blogger Award.  Talk about inspiring!  These women are smart, witty, feeling, thinking moms with tons of kids between the two of them.  They have been an authentic voice of support in the comments at Sperk* and I hope to continue seeing them here for a very long time. 

And last, but certainly not least, Carrie, who is at a new space called Written Ramblings, offered me the Very Inspirational Blogger Award way back on June 29th.  I was right in the middle of the power outage and planned to respond as soon as AEP worked its magic.  But then I did something else--something much less important than saying “Thank you.” 

To accept the awards, I must pass them along to other bloggers and give random facts about myself. 

First, the facts:

* My Chihuahua, Frodo, is always on my lap when I am writing.
* I have a serious problem with procrastination.
* Tomorrow is my birthday.
* I think kids rule.
* Music makes me happy.

Now, the awards (if you accept, proudly display the honor on your blog, pass it onto others, and give some random facts about yourself):

Liebster Award (up and coming with less than 200 followers):


~One Funny Motha

Very Inspirational Blogger Award:








5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the awards and thanks so much for passing on to me! Happy (early) Birthday as well - I hope you have something planned to totally spoil yourself :) This summer has seemed never ending to me but at the same time, it seems weird that kids are back in school now. I'm admiring your going green attitude about the A/C, I don't know if I could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the awards that you and your blog recieved. Thank you for honoring my blog and me with the Very Inspirational Blogger Award. I appreciate it very much. Glad we met online this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! And I'm with you on the AC...though I always have a good excuse to go to Target...Though I want summer to continue and continue and continue...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, and I love you too. Happy birthday. I hope you have a great and wonderful day. You changed your blog, didn't you? Your title & tag line is different. You know, I heard a story on public radio this summer about people who don't use A/C & the things they do to keep cool. I thought about writing a post about it, b/c while I don't really care for A/C and don't use it often, when it's sweltering out I need me some A/C. But I may have found the answer to all your prayers. The other day I was in Bed, Bath & beyond & bought a new fan for my daughter. Let me tell you that thing is small but it kicks ass. It's a Vornado. I went back the next day and bought 2 more. I'll never need A/C again. I swear it feels like air conditioning. Get the one for $65 but first get the 20% off coupon & it'll be $55. Now, if you didn't really liebster me b/4, you do now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your awards, and thank you for passing the honor along to me. A nice happy note to my day.

    I love that your dog's name is Frodo.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is on so you will not see your words here immediately. Sperk* loves feedback. She WILL see your words immediately, then post them in the comment section. . . unless you are spam. . . or someone named Sam. . . Anonymous is fine, just be respectful and kind. Thank you.