Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Off the Cuff

I am still participating in BlogHer's NaBloPoMo for May.  But, I haven't blogged everyday.  AND I am going to make-up for it.  There will be 31 posts in May.

I haven't been too busy.

I am no longer depressed.

I could blame it on my having ADHD and not being medicated.  However, ADHD is a disability that shows itself in one being unable to get started on something they do not like to do.  I can use it as an excuse for my house that needs cleaned or the trip to the store I need to take.  But, I like blogging.  So, what's the deal?

Am I lazy?

I don't think so.

Last Friday I woke up at 4 am to go to my gig as a nanny, picked up my daughter who was returning from camp from school at 3:30, did her laundry and packed her for her dad's pick-up at 5:30, then concluded the day volunteering at the high school for the OMEA state choir adjudication from 7-midnight.

Not all of my days are like that.

And my word for the year is "patience" so I'm trying not to beat myself up for leaving things on my to-do list unchecked.

But, I'm thinking I need an intervention. Like Tabatha-Takes-Over-style.

I think I am simply stuck in the old behavior of depression--choosing to sit idly while watching "interesting" things online or on cable TV--because it's comfortable.

It's 2:41 pm.  I need to shower, get to the store for my daughter's allergy medicine and pick up both daughters from school by 3:20.  The shower probably won't happen.

My daughter's clarinet lesson is here tonight, in this house, and it desperately needs cleaned.

I've always been last minute.

But I've always worked to change.

I've been patient enough.

So, blogging?  I procrastinate maybe because of ADHD, but mostly because I'm afraid.

"Do I sound stupid?"

"Does anyone care?"

Anyway...I'm writing this post totally "off the cuff", right in the Blogger "create new post" window.  No Word document and editing.

Fearless?

I'm leaving you with the shows and videos I watched all morning instead of blogging.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did and I totally understand if you do not have time to watch two full episodes of NOVA.

Thanks for listening.

Beautiful Day U2
Bert and Ernie on Family Guy
Madeline Kahn sings with Grover (I love this so much)
Bert gets carried out of his bedroom by dancing sheep
Oh, yes, Stravinsky
I now understand God
The dancing I get, the biology, not so much
NOVA - Doctor's Diaries





Linking up with:
Your Place at Equis Place

and:

I will be commenting.  Soon.  I promise.

photo credit: michal_hadassah via photopin cc

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is on so you will not see your words here immediately. Sperk* loves feedback. She WILL see your words immediately, then post them in the comment section. . . unless you are spam. . . or someone named Sam. . . Anonymous is fine, just be respectful and kind. Thank you.