Thursday, April 26, 2012

Scrumplet


You ask, "What's a Srumplet?"

It's a baby of course!

Bloggers are uniting to celebrate the soon-to-be arrival of Alison's son, Scrumplet.

You ask, "Why?"

You've heard of baby showers, right?  Well, Alison, at Mama Wants This, is a fabulous blogger with thoughtful blogging friends-- Stasha, Ado, and Erica.  Where else would bloggers have a baby shower but in a blogging link-up?

In lieu of real-life gifts, Stasha has requested we "pin something down" on Pinterest; Ado has asked for a favorite baby photo and quote about motherhood; and Erica is providing us with that good ol' baby shower game of guessing Scrumplet's due date, birth weight, and length.

Pinning Down the BabyBjorn:

Antonia at 3 months old in her BabyBjorn (that's me of course)



I don't know how I could have taken care of a new born and toddler without my BabyBjorn!  I had Antonia in that thing all the time.  Not just when going out, but also when doing things around the house like laundry, dishes, playing with her toddler-big-sister, and walking on the treadmill (I think that is viewed as unsafe, but I'm no expert).

Favorite Photo and Quote:

August 15, 2000
Antonia in the arms of her big sister, Sophia

“Sometimes when you pick up your child you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without.”
― Jodi Picoult, Perfect Match

What will Scrumplet's birth date, length and weight be? 

Date:  May 3rd
Length:  19.5 in.
Weight: 7 lbs. 11 oz.


Congratulations, Alison! 
Blessings to you and yours,
now and forever!

16 comments:

  1. OH my God, you were blonde! (-:
    I too do not have any idea what I would've done without my Bjorn.
    And that photo of your two - and how you said "you can feel the map" - wow.
    Thanks for linking up Sperk! Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was blonde! Born that way. Been brunette for two years, or so. Now going grey.

      I loved participating, thanks for the opportunity!

      Delete
  2. Oh I do have a BabyBjorn! I also have a Moby. Yes, I know, I'm a little of an overdoer in some departments :)

    Love the photos, gorgeous! And echoing Ado, you were blonde!

    Thank you so much for attending my baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the slings and baby carriers, I used mine around the house as well when Lou was an infant. They are life savors! I love the pictures you posted, of the girls and of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hooray, you! This is lovely!

    (And that sibling photo? Swoon - those are the moments it's all about, aren't they?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby carriers and slings are my saving sanity tip for any new Mommy. What a heart melting picture of your daughters. Oh my. And that quote is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girls were precious! And what truth in that quote! Ellen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen. they were, they were. Oh my heart aches...

      Delete
  7. Sophia and Antonia are beautiful! Thanks for coming to the shower; I'm still looking for who brought the wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anyone can figure out how to do that via the virtual world, you can! :)

      Delete
  8. We were Bjorn people. Not the tennis player, but baby carrier fans :) I absolutely adore the picture of your girls together. And the quote. And the photo of you and A together... I am melting here!
    Thank you for coming to the party Kim xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...the melting. *sigh*

      Thanks for having me at the party, Stasha!

      Delete
  9. Blonde! I think that's why at first I thought that pic of you and Antonia was a celebrity paparazzi shot - and I couldn't figure out which celebrity it was. It was you!

    And the sibling shot is too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never used a Bjorn-I think I read something about how bad they were for a baby's hips and pelvis. It's totally evident by all of the bow legged kids with deformed hips. As a first time mom, I believed just about everything I read. Used a sling until I discovered the Ergo...If you're expecting another one, check them out. Seriously. I almost want to have another baby just to use one again. OK maybe not.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is on so you will not see your words here immediately. Sperk* loves feedback. She WILL see your words immediately, then post them in the comment section. . . unless you are spam. . . or someone named Sam. . . Anonymous is fine, just be respectful and kind. Thank you.