Monday, May 21, 2012

Prince Charming's 'To Do' List


This week's theme for Monday Listicles is 10 Things Husbands Should Do.  I don’t have a husband.  I have an “other” and he is significant.  But I won’t marry him.  Not right now, anyway. 

Don’t get me wrong.  Every now and again, I browse wedding gowns on websites of the top designers.  Sometimes I peruse travel websites with Eiffel Tower destination wedding packages.  I still have that little Disney Princess lurking within, wanting a Cinderella ending.

However, what happens to ol’ Cindy and the Prince after the honeymoon is over? 

The scenario is a long one, filled with in-law trouble, financial woe, and infidelity.  But, because you came here for a blog post and not a novel, I’ll skip to the part where Cindy emails a “to do” list to Charming.

Prince Charming’s To Do List
 by Cinderella

I ~ Check on salaried positions in the castle for my talking mice. 

II ~ Fire the servant who spilled gazpacho on my pastel pink gown. 

III ~ Revoke my step-mother's and step-sisters' invitations to our 10th Annual Memorial Day Garden Party.  

IV ~ Buy me a new horse.

V ~ Hire me a new horseman.  (He must be between the ages of 25 - 30, in the height range of 6’ and 6’4”, and in fine physical condition.)  

VI ~ Send messenger to Gucci boutique informing the head shop girl that I will be arriving tomorrow promptly at 10 a.m.

VII ~ Don’t forget to have messenger give statement of credit to Gucci boutique. 

VIII ~ Fire the queen’s lady-in-waiting.  (If you don’t, I’ll post those pictures I found in your satchel on Instagram.)

IX ~ Hire the queen a new lady-in-waiting.  (She must be between the ages of 50 - 65, short, and stout.)

X ~ Please, please, please, start listening to your advisers and try reading over staff memos.  (The Kingdom’s current decline is embarrassing to me.  Possibly that lady-in-waiting being out of the castle will help?)



What do you think a husband should do?

The best way to spend Monday in the blogosphere!

11 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Love the parallel, starting in the intro. Nice twist, Kimberly! Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. hil-ari-ous! made me laugh and smile. thanks for brightening a cloudy monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMBO!! Love it! Especially #9 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Kimberly! I do wonder if a few celebs' to do lists are quite similar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the employments qualifications! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super funny. You were born to be a Cinderella :) Although I imagined you more of a Channel girl...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so good - I love it! What a fun idea, totally what I can imagine Cinderella's list would be :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahahaha! Awesome!!

    ~The G is Silent

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is on so you will not see your words here immediately. Sperk* loves feedback. She WILL see your words immediately, then post them in the comment section. . . unless you are spam. . . or someone named Sam. . . Anonymous is fine, just be respectful and kind. Thank you.