Monday, October 15, 2012

Five Ways I Am The Same, Five Ways I Am Different


I love Monday Listicles (the blogging meme created by Stasha at The Good Life) because on a day like today—cloudy, rainy, and windy—I could easily crawl back into bed and blow off writing all together. However, Monday Listicles makes it easy to flow back into my weekly blogging routine.  It’s always fun and the community of writers is simply great.  

Today’s theme comes from Christine who has a thoughtful blog called Random Reflectionz.  Her theme, 10 Ways You Are Different Than or the Same as Your Younger Self, sent me in several different directions and possibly proved that simply writing a list isn't always easy.  Each point on my list carries with it a lengthy explanation.  Each would make a decent blog post in and of itself.  Today, you're getting the list sans the thought behind it.  For the rest, stay tuned.  If you can't wait and you desperately need some insight into Sperk*, check out this letter I wrote to my 18 year-old self.

Five Ways I Am the Same as My Younger Self
1.  I think I am fat, but I am not
2.  I would rather be doing anything else other than washing the dishes or doing the laundry.
3.  Music makes me happy.
4.  I wait until the last minute to do things I do not want to do but have to do.
5.  I have a dream.

Five Ways I Am Different Than My Younger Self
1.  Drinking is not a good time.
2.  Learning is fun.
3.  I now understand that everything is not about me.
4.  Doing nothing with the person I love always trumps doing something with the person I love.
5.  I know I’m OK even if everyone says I’m not.

Great topic, don't you think?  How are you different than or the same as your younger self?


The best way to spend Monday in the blogosphere!
photo credit: tonyhall via photopin cc

11 comments:

  1. We have very much in common! I was nodding my head in agreement with every one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days I feel like dishes and laundry are my life! I also wait until the last minute to do things I don't like. That's why I still have stacks of papers on the kitchen desk. Reading blogs is way more fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one especially, "4. Doing nothing with the person I love always trumps doing something with the person I love." Those moments are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number 2 on your things that are the same list is definitely me. In fact, I am sitting here reading this when I probably should be working on those things. But this is so much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I now understand that everything is not about me." This is a great one and so very true. It's become real to me the older I become.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I was with you on just about every one of them. Looking forward to reading the follow-up posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will stay tuned for the "rest of the stories." :) Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - that was a good topic this week! Some things are just a part of us and others change completely as we grow. I liked both lists! Doing nothing with the person I love always trumps doing something with the person I love - so awesome and true!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I agree with you one every single one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your lists. I wait until last minute for everything too :)
    Number 10 really speaks to me. Such a great think to know and remind ourselves!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is on so you will not see your words here immediately. Sperk* loves feedback. She WILL see your words immediately, then post them in the comment section. . . unless you are spam. . . or someone named Sam. . . Anonymous is fine, just be respectful and kind. Thank you.