Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Daughter's 10 Favorite Wedding Dresses


If I were to get married again, I would be late to the ceremony, just like I am today for Monday Listicles.  

I took the weekend off from blogging every day and yesterday my kids were off from school for Rosh Hashanah, which meant no time to write. 

Well, that is not true.  I chose not to write.

Today, Tuesday, I chose to write for this week's Monday’s Listicles' theme, Weddings.

I am divorced, so I have mixed feelings about weddings.  A wedding means marriage.  Mine failed.  Therefore, other than the pretty dresses and the party, I am somewhat unenthusiastic about the notion of a ritual designed to break a big hole in the savings account with little left over to wager on whether or not it will last forever.   

Sophia with Randy of SYTTD.
Antonia and I were jealous!
Notice I mentioned I like the pretty dresses.  My younger daughter, Antonia, does, too.  There was a time when we could be found cuddled next to each other on the couch watching episode after episode of SayYes to the Dress streaming from Netflix through the Wii.  We have since then watched every episode and watched with envy from afar as her older sister got to visit Kleinfeld's with her dad last year in New York City.

Because we have seen every episode of Say Yes to the Dress, Antonia and I have moved onto watching David Tutera’s, My Fair Wedding.  Our favorite part of the show is, of course, when the bride-to-be tries on fabulous dresses to replace the dress Tutera cannot possibly seem to tolerate.  We attempt to guess which dress Tutera will choose, which is not revealed until the day of the wedding (aka the end of the show), and we are usually right.

Yesterday while I was grumbling about needing to write, I asked Antonia to make a list of her 10 favorite wedding dresses.  She carefully chose the following 10 from the 45 she has proudly curated on her Pinterest board, Wedding Dresses.

Antonia’s 10 Favorite Wedding Dresses


                                          Source: stylemepretty.com via Toni on Pinterest



                                           Source: Uploaded by user via Toni on Pinterest



         Source: morilee.com via Toni on Pinterest



                                                                     Source: theknot.com via Toni on Pinterest



                                                                   Source: Uploaded by user via Toni on Pinterest



                         Source: Uploaded by user via Toni on Pinterest



                                                   Source: kleinfeldbridal.com via Toni on Pinterest



                                                  Source: kleinfeldbridal.com via Toni on Pinterest



                              Source: demetriosbride.com via Toni on Pinterest



                             Source: demetriosbride.com via Toni on Pinterest


It is safe to say that Antonia has exquisite taste in wedding gowns.  She also has an eye for gorgeous cakes which she is curating photos of here: Cakes!

[Thank you, Antonia, for your contribution to today's post.  I promise to adjust my attitude about marriage if you ever find yourself shopping at Kleinfeld's.]  


The best way to spend Monday in the blogosphere!
photo credit: qousqous via photo pin cc

11 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! She really does have great taste in dresses.

    My daughter likes to watch Say Yes To The Dress with me, too. It is fun mom-daughter time.

    She pinned great cakes, too. Do y'all watch cake decorating shows? They are another favorite in my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really has an "eye" for things. She amazes me. You know, we haven't watched the cake decorating shows, but what a great idea. Then maybe we could try out some skills together in the kitchen. Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  2. These dresses are absolutely amazing. I used to tell my husband, we should renew our vows just for the party and so I can wear my dress again - lol! I love it so much, I have to figure out a way! That must be really fun to have a show to watch together with your daughter. Awesome list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! Your daughter has great taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Nother divorced mamma... I concur with your feelings on marriage. Your girl has good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She does have great taste in dresses! How great that you spend time together admiring the pretty dresses - great mother/daughter bonding time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My four year old was staring over my shoulder as I perused Antonia's selections. Mo has declared #10 her favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter has AMAZING taste in dresses! And, what a fun way to do the listicle (who cares if it's late!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though I don't have a thing for wedding dresses (never wore one), I love the sparkly gown (maybe I could wear it to the academy awards instead *g*)! But you might start saving because your daughter has great taste, but also expensive taste! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOur daughters are fab and this is one stylish list Antonia!! Must say I love them all even if I never wore one myself.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is on so you will not see your words here immediately. Sperk* loves feedback. She WILL see your words immediately, then post them in the comment section. . . unless you are spam. . . or someone named Sam. . . Anonymous is fine, just be respectful and kind. Thank you.