Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Proceed with Caution

There was a welcomed chill in the air this morning that allowed my thoughts to be crisp and driving.  They jumped from having an idea for this to wanting to finish that.  There was much to read, many people to catch up with via social media and blogging, and chores I actually felt like doing.

I took a moment to be with the high-spiritedness in the tingling of my fingers and toes.  It made me laugh.

I was wise enough to take step back.  I remembered to embrace the feeling of lightness and not let it overrun the day.  It could lead to more new tasks being created before I finished the ones I abandoned at the onset of my depression.  Like a prisoner being released from a lengthy sentence, I needed to proceed with caution.  The new free world could be a danger.

I took one more step back and looked around to see what had been going well.  I discovered that even when I had the shades drawn to the brightness of life, I did okay.

Two stars remained in my sky.  Their forward-spin towards adulthood did not stop even when I did.

With relief, I noticed my daughters were well, and for that I was grateful.


photo credit: Lori Greig via photo pin cc

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow. You described so well what it's like for me. After the depression comes the mania when I'm floating high and EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! A little voice inside reminds me that this isn't "normal" either. Proceeding with caution is exactly what I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Goddess. Thanks so much. I was wondering if this one even made sense and here you are to my rescue with validation. ;) I hope the day is bright for you.

      Delete
  2. It feels so good once the heavy fog of depression starts to lift, such an awesome relief. I'm happy for you and think you are wise to have such self awareness and tread lightly at first as well. I hope the happy, good feelings continue to grow!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is on so you will not see your words here immediately. Sperk* loves feedback. She WILL see your words immediately, then post them in the comment section. . . unless you are spam. . . or someone named Sam. . . Anonymous is fine, just be respectful and kind. Thank you.